Sunday, August 5, 2012

Veggie Challenge (Week 1)

Rasheda's taco salad
Latreice's fruit and veggie shake


Inez's sushi and spring rolls
Yasmin's fruit and veggie salad
Yasmin's kiwi and red peppers breakfast
Inez's grilled chicken and veggie sandwich
Inez's salmon and spinach dinner



Latreice's fruit and veggie breakfast shake

Latreice's yummy salmon spinach lettuce wrap



Marcia's lemon garlic green beans
Lisa D. Donald
Veggie Egg Omelet: 3 T olive oil, 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, 1/4 cup chopped red pepper, 2 T onion, 3/4 cup spinach, 3 eggs, Black Pepper, Sea Salt. Sauté the peppers, onions and spinach in olive oil for 3-5 minutes until veggies are tender crisp. Beat eggs in a bowl. Pour eggs into skillet. Salt & Pepper to taste. Scramble eggs with the veggies until the eggs are done. Serve with fresh fruit. This dish also taste good with Butterball Low Sodium Turkey Bacon.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Grace Moffett, friend of Brandi McGraw. I talked with her about your group and would love to join. I think what you are doing is wonderful. As an African American woman who is working full time and raising two teen age daughters and full time wife, I experience many challenges of balancing it all without sacrificing too much of self. With family history of several diseases and health risks as well as living with diabetes and hypertension myself, I feel like your group gives women hope. Brandi told me that I would need to join group. How do I go about that officially other than showing up. I also want to bring my 17 and 13 year old daughters. I want to break this cycle of unhealthy living and show them that this is achievable instead of just saying, don't be like Mama and grandmama. I want to be able to say "Be like Mama and get moving- get healthy!" Ya know-be the living example. Hats off to everyone. Hope to join you soon.

    ReplyDelete